Arka Gdynia SSA
Colours: Yellow and blue
Gdynia capacity 15,139
bit of history:
Football in Gdynia
was born in 1929 when Klub Sportowy
Gdynia was founded by the workers of Gdynia’s
seaport. The club named Arka was separated from KS Kolejarz Gdynia in 1952. RKS Arka
was promoted to Polish 2nd division in 1960. The fusion of Gdynia’s
clubs caused that Arka changed name to MZKS Arka Gdynia in 1964.
The 70s were the greatest age in Arka’s history.
The club was promoted first time to Polish 1st division in 1974. The
Yellow-Blues won the Polish Cup (Puchar Polski) in 1979 and played in the European Cup Winners’
Cup next season. Then they played against Bulgarian PFC Beroe
Stara Zagora (3-2 and 0-2).
In 1981 Arka changed name to Harmon-Tomas-Maraton Arka Gdynia till 1998,
when changed name to MGKS Arka Gdynia.
Arka became a sport joint
company and changed name to Prokom Arka Gdynia SSA in 2000. Currently the club was renamed
to Polnord Arka Gdynia
SSA, just because they have a new sponsor
RKS Arka - From 1950 ? to 1964
Morski Zwiazkowy Klub Sportowy Arka Gdynia
From 1972 to 1992
Harmon-Tomas-Maraton HTM Arka
Gdynia - From 1992 ? to 1998
MGKS Arka Gdynia SSA - From 1998 to 2000
Prokom Arka Gdynia SSA - From 2000 to 2008
Polnord Arka Gdynia SSA - Since 2008
Arka Gdynia SSA - Since February